History and Development of Rosary School
As it is said that the beginning of every massive task starts with just one wish, likewise Rosary School was started in the year 1982 under Shri Divya Jyoti Education Trust by Shri S.N. Varia and Smt. D.S. Varia, in a small accommodation near Amrapali Cinema, Rajkot. Right from 1982 to the present year 2012, Rosary School has had a very rigorous and memorable journey for developing as a full fledged unit. It will be easier to reveal this astounding gatha of School in terms of decades:
1. First Decade: 1982 to 1992:
- Establishment of School in a small accommodation of three classrooms and fifteen benches and just eight students.
- Initially only one class of Nursery and KG was started in English Medium in the name of Rosary K.G. School.
- To provide better education with market requirement & global orientation the School made a start with just the English Medium Section.
- In the year 1984, the school started its own Govt. recognized Primary Section under the title of Rosary School.
- For the purpose of future development and to provide better environment to students, land at 1, Somnath plots, was acquired in 1985 which is the present location of the school.
- Started building construction and a proper school building with just the ground floor in 1886.
- The school was then shifted to the new location in June 1988 with the K.G section and Standards 1 to 4 with a bus section consisting of two buses.
- Subsequently the upper primary was started and the school was a complete primary school by 1990 with student base of 55 students in English Medium.
- The school got its present structure of three floors in the year 1990 to accommodate rising number of students and to provide better facilities to staff and students.
- The school got its second branch in terms of Gujarati Medium in the year 1991. This was a worth noting positive change which gave new dimension to the school.
- The school now was a complete Primary School providing education from K.G. to Std. 7 in English and Gujarati Medium with co-education.
2. Second Decade: 1993 to 2003:
- The school was all in its growth stage with fullfleged primary section and a full academic schedule with co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Scout – Guide program was started in the school to develop special and social skill in the students in the year 1993.
- The school celebrated a decade of dedicated service in education in the year 1993 by conducting its first Annual Day function in Shri Arvindbhai Maniar Hall.
- The strength of students rose to nearly 500 by the year 1994. By this year the school created an impression of its own among its parents and the society as an institution providing good education and promoting all round development of students.
- The school celebrated its first sports day in the year 1994 with grand participation of around 300 students and an audience of around 500. Such arrangement and accommodation was done in the ground beside school.
- It almost became a tradition with the school to celebrate Annual Day and Sports day alternative each year.
- In the year 1994, the school building was further extended to accommodate a hall where in students can do extra – curricular activities. The school thus got its present structure as a fullfledged building.
- Library facility was added in the year 1995 for enhancing the special reading and exploration of students.
- The year 1996 was another year where the school took a leap step by establishing two divisions of Gujarati Medium with each class having an average strength of around 40 students.
- The year 1997 saw a major change with school starting its computer education. This was a revolutionary step taken by the management to develop the students for future competition. Such computer education was introduced for the students of Std. 4 to 7.
- From 1997 to 2003 the school got stabilized in vertical and horizontal dimensions as an organization. There was a stable rise in students and staff. The strength rose to almost double i.e. 993 students by the year 2003.
3. Third Decade: 2002 to present 2012:
- The school celebrated 25 years of dedicated service in the field of education by celebrating Annual Day in Hemu Gadhvi Hall in the year 2006.
- The strength by then rose to 1120 student and with a staff of 45 people including teachers and non – teaching staff.
- The bus section then consisted of three buses.
- To cater to the requirement of the market, to satisfy and render to the requirement of parents, student and staff, the school management acquired land at Chandan Park Main Road, Near Raiya Chokdi for establishing its High School Section in the year 2006.
- The High school Construction was started in the year 2007.
- With June 2008 Rosary School had its own high school section with standards 8 and 9 in both English and Gujarati Medium.
- The High School Section was established with strength of 90 students and a staff of 8 teaching and non teaching persons under the able leadership and guidance of Shri G.J. Dadhania, the present principal of High School Section.
- The setting up of High School section was a second bench mark for the school which took school mgt. to a new height.
- With the year 2009, the school got the permission of conducting Std. 10 as well as Started Higher Secondary Section with 11th Commerce Gujarati Medium.
- By the year 2010 school was all ready to get stabilize in horizontal and vertical dimensions. The school started providing multimedia based education with the help of projector and educational software.
- The year 2011 was another bench mark year where the management started its efforts towards creating an ISO based Education System. By the end of the year the school got its recognition as Rosary Education System (RES) that was ISO 9001: 2008 certified.
- With proper working standards, environment, efficiency and job satisfaction of the people connected with RES the school saw the dawn of year 2012.
This is the 30th year of Rosary Group in the field of education. With plenty full of experience and a large strength of satisfied parents the school marches ahead for marking its caliber in the market by providing sensible and value based individual to the nation.